Catch up on what's been accomplished and learn more about the Center for Church Music's new initiatives!
Videos (recently posted)
- Marilyn and James Biery interviewed at the Center by Michael Silhavy.
- Robert Buckley Farlee interviewed at Christ Church Lutheran, Minneapolis by Zeb Highben
PDF Biographical Essays
- Gerhard Krapf (1924-2008), written by Schalk Scholar Benjamin Kolodziej.
NEW IN “THE VISUAL ARTS”
- Artist Video Interviews
- Scott Parsons (Augustana University, Sioux Falls, SD) interviewed by Linda Henke
NEW IN “REFLECTIONS”
Two timely, eloquent, thought-provoking essays by Paul Westermeyer
- #17 “The Power of Gathering and Communal Song”
- #18 “What We Share in Common”
2022 STUDENT AWARDS---THE WINNERS!
William Wolfram Student Award in Liturgical Art
- Winner – Natalie Grady, Concordia University, Chicago for her linocut “Finished, for You”
Richard Hillert Award in Student Composition
- Winner – Bethany Zeckzer, Concordia University, Nebraska for her SATB acapella work “An Evening Prayer”
After a Covid lull, the Center has several new publications coming out. All are available on Amazon.com or from the publisher.
- Joyful Singing: A Story of Lutheran Sacred Music in Texas – Benjamin Kolodziej (Fortress Press IN PRINT!)
- The Cantor in the Lutheran Tradition – Carl Schalk (CPH) AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2022)
- Living the Liturgy – Carl Schalk (CPH AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2022)
MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE CENTER….
The long-awaited Liturgical Choir Reference Library is now ready for use! Thousands of choral octavos arranged by psalmody, Scripture passage, hymn tune, liturgical song, days and times of the Church Year, collection, major works.
Readily accessible---any time the Klinck Library is open. This is continually being expanded and updated with new releases. Lots of natural light and table space for perusal and planning. Check it out!