For more than 150 years, Concordia-Chicago has equipped students to serve and lead with integrity and compassion.
Enrich your academic experience by integrating faith into your daily life.
As a distinctive, comprehensive university of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, centered in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and based in the liberal arts, Concordia University Chicago equips men and women to serve and lead with integrity, creativity, competence and compassion in a diverse, interconnected and increasingly urbanized church and world.
Rooted in its Christian heritage of engaging knowledge and faith, Concordia University Chicago aspires to be the destination university for all who seek to develop their full individual potential through a distinctive, innovative and dynamic environment of exploration, creativity and discovery for leading lives of servant-minded leadership.
Our Core Values
As a Christian university of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, we, at Concordia University Chicago, value:
- Christian Faith: The Christian faith is an integral part of our community.
- The Individual: As a member of God’s creation, each person is unique and is blessed with inherent worth.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in who we are and what we do.
- Integrity: Our community demonstrates the accord between our beliefs and practices.
- Service: Recognizing and addressing the needs of others is a response to God’s love for us, and a reflection of God’s love for them.