For more than 150 years, Concordia-Chicago has equipped students to serve and lead with integrity and compassion.
Enrich your academic experience by integrating faith into your daily life.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
Concordia University Chicago is a Christ-centered Lutheran university where truth, freedom, and vocation form students for lives of influence and service for the common good.
Our Core Values
As a Christian university of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, we, at Concordia University Chicago, value:
- Christian Faith: The Christian faith is an integral part of our community.
- The Individual: As a member of God’s creation, each person is unique and is blessed with inherent worth.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in who we are and what we do.
- Integrity: Our community demonstrates the accord between our beliefs and practices.
- Service: Recognizing and addressing the needs of others is a response to God’s love for us, and a reflection of God’s love for them.