Celebrating Fall Graduates
December 11-12, 2020
This fall semester has presented unexpected challenges and yet you have persevered to complete your degrees. The hearts of CUCU’s faculty, staff and administration join you in grief over having to postpone the face-to-face celebrations of your achievements. In this difficult time that tests our patience and resilience, we encourage each of you to learn from your experiences and continue to grow as an individual and child of God.
Four separate virtual ceremonies will take place to honor and acknowledge the Class of 2020. Please note that degree completion is a separate process from the ceremonial rite of commencement and will not be affected or delayed by the ceremony format.
- Doctoral Hooding
- Service of Praise and Consecration
- Undergraduate Commencement
- Graduate Commencement - Saturday, December 12, 4 p.m.
Virtual Commencement Ceremonies
We celebrate the achievement of the Class of 2020 during these special, virtual ceremonies. Live video streaming links will be available on the day of each ceremony.
Celebrate With Us!
- Wear Your Class of 2020 T-shirt - Shirts are now available for pick-up. Missed the order deadline? A limited number of extra shirts may be available. Contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 888-258-6773 or Alumni@CUChicago.edu for more information.
- Follow CUC’s Facebook page for other special graduate recognitions. Email your celebration photos to us and we’ll share them.
- Download and display a Class of 2020 sign at home to celebrate your graduation.
- Listen to a special Spotify playlist, curated by the Class of 2020 and containing songs that inspire them.
Commencement Communications to Fall Candidates
Important information for graduate and attendees including rehearsals, special events, lodging options, diplomas and more.
Be sure to take all the necessary steps and meet important deadlines when preparing for graduation from CUC.