Celebrating Spring Graduates
The University continues preparation and planning for the Spring 2021 semester in response to COVID-19. Our first priority remains the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Our Spring Commencement activities will be held virtually. The hearts of CUC’s faculty, staff and administration join you in grief over having to continue to postpone the face-to-face celebrations of your achievements. In this difficult time that test our patience and resilience, we encourage each of you to learn from your experiences and continue to grow as an individuals and child of God.
Three separate virtual ceremonies will take place (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral hooding). Our final worship service of the academic year to celebrate all graduates and recognize our Church Work students will also be held virtually. Please note that degree completion is a separate process from the ceremonial rite of commencement and will not be affected or delayed by the ceremony format.
- Doctoral Hooding Ceremony – Friday, May 7, 6 p.m.
- Service of Praise and Consecration – Friday May 7, 5 p.m.
- Undergraduate Commencement – Saturday, May 8, 2 p.m.
- Graduate Commencement – Saturday, May 8, 4 p.m
Celebrate With Us!
- Order your regalia today. Regalia is not required to participate in the virtual ceremony. Doctoral regalia is required to submit a video for the doctoral hooding ceremony
- Submit your photo to be shared during the commencement ceremony. Submission deadline is April 21, 2021.
- Doctoral students only – submit your hooding video for the doctoral hooding ceremony. Submission deadline is April 21, 2021. View video recording tips. Preview hooding video example.
- Download and display a Class of 2021 sign at home to celebrate your graduation.
Important information for graduate and attendees including rehearsals, special events, lodging options, diplomas and more.
Be sure to take all the necessary steps and meet important deadlines when preparing for graduation from CUC.