Living the Word of God, loving all people in His name, serving God’s children on campus, in our community, to the ends of the earth.
Grow in your faith and serve God's people on campus, in the community and the world
Spiritual Life at CUC
Make a difference by taking part in the many local, national and global ministry opportunities at Concordia-Chicago. Student leaders, guided by our University Pastor and Deaconess, oversee everything from Bible studies and homeless ministries, to international mission trips and awareness-raising efforts on campus. Learn more about each of our ministries below.
- Ministry to Concordia-Chicago: Here students lead a wide range of events, including speakers, retreats, Bible studies, concerts, fellowship events and other spiritual activities. This group also supports the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Prayer and Praise teams.
- Ministry to Chicago: These opportunities focus on serving those in need in the Chicago area. Service projects and outreach events include ministry to urban youth, prison literacy programs, nursing home ministry, and support for the homeless and the developmentally disabled.
- Ministry to the World: Student leaders help raise awareness of global Christian issues and plan mission trips to those in need. Activities include national and international service trips, awareness events, mission conferences and other missions-related events on campus.
- Concordia Youth Ministry (CYM): Through this unique opportunity, Concordia-Chicago students serve the University, as well as junior and senior high student groups from around the region, to building positive, Christ-centered relationships.
- Music Ministry: Concordia-Chicago has built a faith community focused on worshipping through the University's music ensembles. Members of the music ministry lead in a variety of capacities around campus and across the country.
- Residential Ministry Coordinators: These leaders, who live in the residence halls with their peers, work to develop an environment that’s conducive to their residents’ spiritual growth. They provide a ministry of presence, promotion, peace and reconciliation among residence hall students.
University Ministry Team
Director of Ministry Strategies