Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
The OIRA is responsible for providing the university with data that supports institutional planning, policy development and informed decision making to enhance institutional effectiveness; reporting complete, accurate and reliable data to internal and external constituents; serving as a comprehensive source of information about the institution; promoting student learning and assessment for continuous improvement of pedagogy, curriculum, and instruction.
What We Do
- Coordinate the University’s institutional effectiveness and assessment activities.
- Gather, analyze, and communicate data in a meaningful and useful way to the campus community in support of institutional decision-making.
- Create, analyze and interpret survey results.
- Collect data about the University's key performance indicators.
- Coordinate the development of a university-wide outcomes assessment.
- Improve teaching and learning by assisting departments with program reviews and other assessment efforts.
- Promote the use of assessment and institutional data to inform policy and programmatic decisions.
- Coordinate assessment training for faculty and staff.
- Complete annual reports for external agencies such as the federal and state governments and other accrediting bodies.