Print Services is a department that provides efficient, punctual, thorough and courteous service in order to fulfill the printing needs of the Concordia-Chicago community.
Print Services is staffed entirely by student workers. We are all happy to see you in our department during any of our hours.
Klinck Memorial Library, 2nd Floor
Academic Year Hours
M-Th: 7:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sat: 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sun: 1 - 11 p.m.
M-Th: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sat: 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Information to include when requesting a print job.
Print Services Request form:
Download, fill out, and attach the form with your next print request. E-mail the form and your document to firstname.lastname@example.org
All requests must include:
- Number of copies
- Paper Size
- Black and White or Color ink
- Double or Single Sided
- Department print billing code, student username or personal job
- Any advanced finishing options wanted
Paper sizes available at Print Services along with how to create a document in a different size.
We offer black and white or color printing on the following sizes:
- 8.5 x 11 (letter)
- 8.5 x 14 (legal)
- 11 x 17 (tabloid)
- Poster Prints (sizes vary, one side may not exceed 42 inches)
Please note, if you’d like a different size or type of paper, please provide the paper.
Directions for Changing Document Sizes
Please make sure your document is the correct size before sending it.
- Select the tab labeled “Page Design”
- Click “Size”
- Choose the size you want
- When first creating document, choose “More Blank Page Sizes”
- Choose an option or click “Create New Page Size”
- Enter the width and height in inches
- Choose the tab “Design”
- Select “Slide Size”
Our extensive color paper options. View the color to see what sizes and types are available.
WARNING/CAUTION: The color of the paper may not be exact. Each monitor screen shows color in a different hue.
Advanced options for binding the paper together.
- Double-Sided Printing
- 3 Hole Punched
- Color Paper, Cardstock, CUC Letterhead, Strathmore
- Paper Folding: tri-fold, z-fold, fold in half (Not available with cardstock)
- Labels (Email us to request our label template before printing)
- Cerlox Books
- Notepads (with or without cardboard backing)
- Paper Cutting
- Non -Carbon Replicate (NCR) 2-part, 3-part, 4-part
Price per page along with special service charges.
We have a 24-hour policy to complete all print requests.
- Print Services is committed to providing quality service, and as such, operates with a 24hr policy. We process print jobs in the order in which they are received and will notify you via email or over the phone when they are ready for pickup.
- Jobs such as NCR, poster prints, booklets, notepads or cerlox books take longer than normal jobs. Therefore, these jobs cause us to operate with a 48-hour policy. See a Print Services student worker if you have any questions.
- Print Services does not edit documents, so all files must be in their final size and format before being sent.
- All jobs are filed by last name, and exams will be filed separately after being placed in a sealed envelope. Only the professor may pick up their exam unless otherwise specified via email. No exceptions.
- Please be aware that print jobs are only kept for thirty days before they are removed and recycled.
Getting Jobs Approved
- Res Life Student Workers must CC the Director of Housing or the RD of their building on all Res Life print jobs. Members of the College of Business must CC Cathy Schlie for all College of Business print jobs. No exceptions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use one of the following print queues to send your black and white (B&W) or color print jobs to printers around campus. To retrieve your job, swipe your CUC ID at the printer of your choice within 24 hours of submission.
- Secure_Release_B&W – B&W Canon printers are in AD 150, CC 2nd floor near CC 287, Klinck Library 1st floor and basement, KZ 156, Victory Lounge, and all color canons.
- Secure_Release_Color - Color Canon printers are at the KCC Front Desk, the CougarNet Helpdesk, and in CC 248.
- Secure_Release_Lexmark - Lexmark printers (B&W only) are in KL 156, TR 36, and KM 201 computer labs.
- PaperCut Website - Submit a job from your personal device: https://printservices.cuchicago.edu
- Place your CUC ID card over the card reader until the light turns green.
2. Choose “Print All” to print all displayed jobs or click on the title of a print job and choose to “print” or “delete” the job.
To use the copier or scanner instead of releasing jobs in your queue, press the “Use Copier” button.
You have 24 hours to retrieve your print job once submitted to the queue.
Please see this chart for our current pricing:
Black and White Ink Prices
Color Ink Prices
8.5”x11” single sided
8.5”x11” double sided
8.5”x14” single sided
8.5”x14” double sided
11”x17” single sided
11”x17” double sided
Please note if you print at Print Services, prices are cheaper. Please see prices in the top section of this website for Print Services prices.
The cost per print was determined by evaluating paper, toner, and maintenance costs per page on the lab printers.
Every August, students are allotted $20 for the school year dedicated to prints.
You can access your printing information through Papercut by logging in with your Concordia credentials on https://printservices.cuchicago.edu/.
The balance shows on the home screen. To see your print history, click the “Recent Print Jobs” tab to see the report.
No, the $20 print allowance does not carry over and is reset August 1st. No refunds of remaining balances will be issued.
The print balance was determined by studying typical student print needs over the course of several semesters, toner, and paper costs. The balance is set at a level that covers the print needs of the vast majority of students and also allows for expected system issues.
When you reach your allotted balance or attempt to print a job that would exceed your remaining balance, a message will appear on the printer notifying that your balance is too low. You will need to add credit to your balance in order to print.
To add credit to your print balance, please visit the CougarNet helpdesk. You may add to your print balance with either cash or check.
Please consider your printing needs for the remainder of the semester when adding to the balance as all balances are reset on August 1st and any remaining amount will be lost.
The student print credit is designed to cover basic printing needs as well as potential system problems that may occur during the semester, including, but not being limited to, the following:
- Paper jams
- Toner smears
- The print job does not print
- Printing the wrong document
- Printing the wrong orientation
- Printing multiple copies unintentionally
- Failing to log off a computer or printer resulting in unauthorized use of your account by another user
If any of these problems apply, you may come to CougarNet Helpdesk to refund your print balance.
Documents stay in the queue until selected. Once you are at the printer, you can cancel your unwanted document(s) if needed.
Follow these FAQ instructions to make sure your personal balance is not affected:
The cost for printing on these queues is billed back to the departments. Only the student's personal printing on lab printers will count against the balance. Please note that a billed department may request specific details of a student worker's printing to their queue to avoid abuse.
If you do not have access to the proper queue, please ask your manager to fill out the following form: