Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it's a requirement for all new students attending Concordia University Chicago. Jump Start is designed to ensure students are ready and prepared to begin their CUC experience.
You will be gaining valuable information that will prepare you for a successful transition to CUC. You will have the opportunity to hear from the staff and faculty, who will provide you with helpful information regarding your jumpstart.
- Front facing photo with head and shoulders in frame
- Color photograph (no black and white0
- Background solid white or light color (no scenic backgrounds)
- Leave a margin for us to crop to dimensions 1” x 1 ¼”
- Free from red eye, pixilation, blur, or shadows
- No hats, garments that obstruct the face (religious headwear is permitted)
- No social media filters or hue changes
- Only you; no pets, items, or other people in your photo
- JPG/PNG files type only.
By providing a photo, meeting the guidelines noted, your Cougar Card will be produced in advance to your arrival on campus. Photos must be submitted by July 31st for Fall Check in. You will be notified if the photo was approved, if not you can re-submit a new photo.
Call the Office of Student Leadership and Involvement at 708-488-4075. If no one is available to answer your call, kindly leave a message and your call will be answered with by the next day. You can email Joan.Henehan@CUChicago.edu.
Yes, students need to confirm their identity with valid identification (eg. driver's license, state ID) to obtain their student ID.