Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it's a requirement for all new students attending Concordia University Chicago. Jump Start is designed to ensure students are ready and prepared to begin their CUC experience.
Please bring the following:
- Casual attire and comfortable shoes (there is a lot of walking)
- Vehicle/license plate information if you plan to have a car on campus
- Official Driver’s License or State issued ID (required for Campus ID)
- Health records (including immunizations)
- Questions you may have
- Ideas of things you would like to see while on campus
You will be gaining valuable information that will prepare you for a successful transition to CUC.
Call the Office of Student Leadership and Involvement at 708-488-4215. If no one is available to answer your call, kindly leave a message and your call will be answered with by the next day. You can email Joan.Henehan@CUChicago.edu.
Yes, students need to confirm their identity with valid identification (eg. driver's license, state ID) to obtain their student ID.
Of course! Parents are encouraged to attend. Specialized information sessions will be held for them. (Sessions can be provided in Spanish if needed).
Yes, all new freshmen and any transfer student without the appropriate college-level math course will take a math assessment during Jump Start. These tests are used to help ensure you are on the right academic path to do your best at CUC. Do not fret—the exams are not related to your admission status.