CUC Jump Start 2020
We’re excited to provide all new freshman and transfer students with a Jump Start on their college education! Jump Start is a required orientation program that you’ll want to attend. The program is designed to assist you and your family in becoming familiar with the unique and special aspects of the University and provides you with an opportunity to get to know current student leaders, faculty and staff. You also have the opportunity to take care of important business while you are on campus such as obtaining your CUC Student ID, registering for your parking pass, meeting with the Business Services and Financial Aid office as well as creating your official fall schedule.
- Transfer students - learn more about your specialized Jump Start program!
- Parents are welcome (and encouraged) to attend to learn more about the transition to Concordia University Chicago and the role you play in your student’s success.
Summer 2020 Jump Start Dates
|June 19||Friday, June 12|
|June 26||Friday, June 19|
|June 27||Saturday, June 20|
|July 16||Thursday, July 9|
|July 23||Thursday, July 16|
|August 13||Thursday, August 6|
Jump Start for Transfer Students
As a transfer student, we know you’ve chosen CUC for very specific reasons. While you’ve gained experience as a college student, CUC is unique in its character, policies and resources. To help you become better acquainted with the CUC campus, all transfer students are required to attend an orientation program called Jump Start. Transfer Jump Start is designed specifically for you. We understand you may have previously experienced other orientation programs in the past. However, the CUC Jump Start program gives you the opportunity to gain important information about CUC. You will feel more familiar with the campus, understand the many resources available to help you succeed and will meet other transfer students.
Do you plan to begin at CUC in the fall 2020 term?
Fall 2020 classes begin Monday, August 24. In order to help you be fully prepared for the beginning of classes at CUC, all new students are required to attend a one-day Transfer Jump Start program. The following dates are specifically designed for the transfer student: Friday, July 10, Friday, July 31 or Wednesday, August 19. The Jump Start program provides you with a better understanding about the many programs, opportunities and resources available to you. I n addition, you will have the opportunity to take care of any final details (obtain student ID, purchase parking pass, meet with financial aid dept., etc) before the semester begins.
The entire CUC community is happy that you have entrusted us with your continuing education. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance, everyone in is committed to making your transition to Concordia as smooth as possible.
Summer 2020 Transfer Jump Start Dates:
|Program Sessions||Registration Deadlines|
|Friday, July 10||Friday, July 3|
|Friday, July 31||Friday, July 24|
|Wednesday, August 19||Wednesday, August 12|
Download your CUC Transfer Checklist (PDF) to review what you need to do to prepare for enrollment in the Fall 2019 semester.
Transfer Jump Start includes presentations and interactive sessions to help you:
- Become familiar with CUC connect, Blackboard, Banner (computer programs)
- Learn more about campus events, programs and ways to get connected rom current student leaders
- Understand what documents are required before classes begin
- Engage with an academic advisor
- Connect with business services and financial aid office
- Complete the math placement exam (if applicable)
Winter Jump Start
To help you become better acquainted with campus, all new students are required to attend an orientation program called Jump Start. Our Winter Jump Start is designed especially to give students who enroll for the Spring Term the opportunity to get a “Jump Start” on their CUC experience.
Offered in the week leading up to the start of classes, the one-day orientation program introduces you to the unique aspects of the University. During Jump Start, you will also have the chance to take care of the final details before the semester begins. Everyone in Student Support Services, from Academic Advising to Financial Aid to Student Life, is committed to making your transition to Concordia as smooth as possible.
Jump Start orientation includes opportunities to:
- Learn about spiritual life on campus
- Become familiar with our computer system
- Obtain your CUC campus ID and vehicle registration
- Have your questions answered by CUC staff and current students
- Attend a social event to meet your new classmates
NOTE: Details about the Winter 2021 Jump Start session will be available in September 2020.
- Complete math placement exam (the exam will be taken at home this summer, and should be completed at least a day before Jump Start).
- Meet individually with academic advisor to register for classes
- Understand academic expectations in higher education
- Individual attention given to each student regarding their Financial Aid and Business Services
- Learn about spiritual life opportunities on and off campus
- Participate in a hands-on tutorial about Concordia Connect (CUC's online portal for information about your course schedule, fees and more)
- Hear about the many opportunities for leadership and involvement
Jump Start Resources
Parents of our new students are an important part of the Concordia University Community.
There are many opportunities for families to be a part of their students’ life, even if they living on campus or commute. Some of the ways parent(s) can be involved include volunteering for events and or attending special programs.
Stay up to date on what's happening at CUC.
Email email@example.com to receive updates and information at CUC and your student. Allow us to connect and answer any questions or concerns you may have about your student’s general well-being. This allows family members to connect with staff specifically about their student. (FERPA rules apply).