An Organizational Management degree provides opportunities in many fields, including business, education, government and the non-for-profit sectors, as well as many more.
- 128 Credit Hours
Dual Degree Pathway
- BA to MBA
- BA to MA, Leadership
Summer 2020 Application Due. Classes start June 8, 2020.
Open the door to success in management with a flexible degree
Concordia-Chicago’s courses in organizational management prepare students to:
- coordinate and facilitate the work of others to accomplish goals that may not be achieved by a single individual
- understand organizations and their culture
- recognize the many roles performed by managers
- understand the techniques that effectively guide individuals and teams
- explore organizational areas such as human resources, operations, marketing, education and technology
- develop credibility with colleagues
- cultivate interpersonal skills and demonstrate exemplary public presentation skills
Find your place in a high-growth career field
Employment of management occupations is projected to grow 8 percent from 2016 to 2026, about as fast as the average for all occupations, which will result in about 807,300 new jobs. Employment growth is expected to be driven by the formation of new organizations and expansion of existing ones, which should require more workers to manage these operations.
The median annual wage for management occupations was $102,590 in May 2017, which was the highest wage of all the major occupational groups. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statics, the pay scale for a Business Manager is approximately $90,500.
A top-ranked program for adult students with busy lives
Ranked among the top 100 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, Concordia University Chicago’s Accelerated Degree Program (ADP) delivers educational opportunities designed for adult learners who understand the importance of earning a college degree. A leader in developing and delivering online undergraduate education with 20 years’ experience in the field, Concordia-Chicago’s ADP provides goal-oriented students with a specialized, individually tailored program. Our advisors create a specialized program plan to accommodate the needs of each individual student, allowing you to earn your degree in as little as 16 months, depending on the number of transfer credits accepted at the time of your admission:
- Student may transfer up to 67 hours of 100-200 level credits previously completed at a junior/community college. Additional transfer credits may be applied if a student has completed 300-400 level courses.
- Flexible scheduling
- Accelerated courses
- Major courses are 5 weeks long
- 100% online (no set time to be online)
- Access to learning from anywhere in the world
- Our delivery modes are designed to fit the needs of busy individuals and foster valuable relationships and support networks that can add value throughout your career.
What you'll learn
- Contrasted to other business degrees, the bachelor’s degree program in management provides an overarching perspective of the functional operations of an organization. It allows students to focus on coursework designed specifically to cultivate the essential knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage a business.
- Foundational courses in the management program provide a broad and thorough overview of the component areas of business operations, including organizational planning and design, accounting, human resource management, marketing, and business technology.
- Students graduate well prepared to enter the workplace as strategic managers in the complex, multifaceted and global organizations of today.
Benefits of the BA in Organizational Management
The fast paced field of management demands well-educated, highly trained professionals with the agility to continuously learn and enhance their knowledge base and skill set. Possessing a bachelor’s degree in Business from an accredited institution builds credibility by demonstrating to an organization the prospective employee’s commitment to the industry and his/her ability to stay abreast of trends. Further, a bachelor’s degree may also be a stepping stone to graduate degrees such as an MBA, unlocking even more promising job prospects.
A faculty with hands-on, field-tested experience
Concordia-Chicago’s core faculty in the business degree program has extensive experience in the fields of management along with the requisite certifications/credentials. Faculty come from all subspecialties of management including but not limited to human resource management, accounting, marketing, technology, and law.
A pathway to achievement
Organizational Management (BA), is a pathway to accelerated Master's degree programs, including:
Education made affordable
Concordia University Chicago is one of the most affordable private universities in the Midwest. Our Office of Financial Aid will work with you to seek financial aid and schedule manageable tuition payments.
Our tuition guarantee
Concordia-Chicago’s tuition guarantee program helps keep tuition affordable by allowing you to predict what the total cost of your education will be. As long as there are no interruptions in your course of study, we guarantee your tuition will remain the same and never increase while earning this degree.