- On Campus
- 18 Credit Hours
Spring 2024 Application Due | Classes start Jan. 8, 2024
Early Childhood Education Subsequent Endorsement is based on the National Association for the Education of Young Children’s (NAEYC) Advanced Standards and the test framework for the Illinois Early Childhood Content Test. This program is designed to help prepare Illinois educators to meet the course requirements needed for the Illinois Early Childhood Subsequent Endorsement. This program will enable candidates to:
- Strengthen theoretical understandings of early childhood education and increase knowledge of child development, with emphasis on the young child from birth through age eight.
- Increase awareness of partnerships with children’s families and communities.
- Understand child observation, documentation and other forms of assessment that are central to the practice of all early childhood education.
- Strengthen understanding and use of a wide array of developmentally appropriate approaches, instructional strategies and tools to connect with children and families and positively influence each child’s development and learning.
- Increase knowledge of academic disciplines to design, implement and evaluate experiences that promote positive development and learning for each and every young child.
- Participate in a variety of field experiences to develop knowledge, skills and professional dispositions necessary to promote the development and learning of young children across the entire developmental period of early childhood education.