Communicating effectively, willingness to take risks, thinking creatively and an entrepreneurial mindset are strengths of effective leaders nurtured in our marketing majors.
- Account Representative
- Comparison Shopper
- Marketing/Sales Executive
- Marketing Planner
- Market Researcher
- Research Analyst
- Promotions Director
- Advertising Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Product/Brand Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Sales Associate
- On Campus
We offer two marketing degrees: a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with emphasis in marketing.
Our rigorous but flexible degree programs build students’ critical knowledge of business and business issues. Faculty and staff are dedicated to providing students with a well-rounded learning experience by using the latest technology and engaging students with real-world business scenarios and hands-on learning exercises.
The Bachelor of Arts in marketing degree, which requires a 39-hour business core, is for students who want a broad liberal arts foundation with an emphasis in business. The Bachelor of Science, with a comprehensive curriculum, requires a 42-hour business core. If you have questions, a counselor with our Office of Admission can help as you decide on the Concordia-Chicago degree program that best matches your strengths and career interests.
The business core curriculum lays the foundation for your degree. These courses include:
- Business Law
Marketing courses are designed to sharpen your marketing knowledge, they include courses in the essentials of digital marketing, marketing research, consumer behavior and marketing communication. You will also choose electives from courses such as advanced business law, global marketing, new product development and retailing.
For details on required courses and more, please visit our online catalog.
Beyond the Classroom
Valuable internship experiences offer opportunities for students to receive academic credit while gaining practical work experience in the marketing field.
Our campus location, close to downtown Chicago, means easy access to exciting internship and networking opportunities with businesses ranging from large corporations to small startups, nonprofit and other organizations engaged in a variety of industries and activities.
Some of the companies recently hiring CUC students include:
- Apex Systems
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Northwestern Mutual
- Palace Sports Entertainment
- Walt Disney World
The BA and BS in marketing enable students to:
- Apply marketing concepts and theory to provide creative solutions and strategies, and explore opportunities to solve marketing problems.
- Demonstrate marketing skills in both verbal and written communications applied to business scenarios (e.g. brand awareness, consumer behavior, advertising).
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of diversity, as well as multicultural, ethical and socially responsible marketing practices.
- Explain the implications and impact of the global business and political environment on marketing.
- Demonstrate ability to select and use appropriate technology and distribution channels in marketing applications.