As AVP for Development, Scott plays a key role guiding philanthropic, development and strategic engagement initiatives to strengthen and advance Concordia University Chicago.
Scott brings 25 years of university administration and academic advancement leadership experience with depth in interdisciplinary initiatives, academic medicine, strategic planning, capital campaigns, and working closely with university leaders, faculty, boards, and advisory councils. Scott received his PhD in Educational Policy Studies & Evaluation/Studies in Higher Education with an emphasis on studying academic - industry research collaborations and partnerships. A strong champion and advocate for Lutheran education, Scott and his wife are proud parents of three children who are or have completed pre-K through high school at LCMS schools in Missouri and Pennsylvania.
- PhD, Educational Policy Studies & Evaluation/Studies in Higher Education - University of Kentucky; Lexington, KY
- BA, Political Science - University of Kentucky; Lexington, KY
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Washington University; Executive Director of Development for University Initiatives
- University of Maryland School of Medicine; Executive Director of Development/Campaign Director
- University of Kentucky; Executive Director; Sanders-Brown Center on Aging
- University of Kentucky; Interim Director of Medical Center Development
The Complexities of Research and Development in the Contemporary University: A Case Study of Washington University in St. Louis; PhD Dissertation; 2005