This past summer, the University transitioned to a new bookstore operator, Slingshot. For the past few months, they’ve been enhancing the student experience with personalized service and improved access to course materials. Here are 5 advantages to the new campus store:
- New merch at affordable prices: In the refreshed campus store, you’ll find plenty of T-shirts and other gift items for under $20. Rep your favorite music ensemble or sports team, or maybe even buy a “Concordia-Chicago Mom” shirt as a Christmas present. Show your Cougar pride with some of the new keychains, lanyards, coffee mugs, water bottles and tumblers for sale.
- Convenience store items: You don’t have to leave campus to get a few basic necessities. Forgot your phone charger in your other bag? Pick up a new one at the campus store. Spring allergies have you feeling under the weather? They’ve got a selection of over-the-counter medicines. Plus, earbuds, toothbrushes, shampoo and more. Keep your eye out, as more items will be added next year.
- Automated course material selection: Students no longer need to place an order for course materials. Slingshot gets notified of what courses you’ve signed up for, and will order your textbooks for you. Set your preference for new, used or digital materials, and they take it from there! (New students are automatically enrolled in this program for all their courses, and returning students can sign up if they so choose.) If you change courses or a professor changes required books, Slingshot will be alerted and will adjust your order accordingly. If you opt out, you can still order books individually.
- Textbooks delivered to your dorm room: For students living on campus, this is a convenient option for the Fall semester. On move-in day, you’ll turn the key to your room, and your course materials will be there! Alternately, you can have your books prepackaged for pickup in the store. Online students can have materials shipped to their homes.
- Improved mail services: Carrying around a key to your specific mailbox is a thing of the past. The campus store uses software called Slingshot Logistics, which sends you automatic email notifications when a package or piece of mail is ready for pickup. You can also purchase postage stamps and drop off outgoing mail and packages (like retail returns) at the store.
Stop by the campus store in the lower level of the KCC to check out what’s new, or visit their website at CUChicago.slingshotedu.com. This month (November) you can even score some deals on CUC spirit wear during their seasonal sale!