Careers for Christ - Fall 2022
Friday, Oct. 28 - Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022
Registration is Closed. Please Check Back for the Fall 2023 Program Date!
The theme for Careers for Christ – Fall 2022 is “Known…Loved…Set Apart” based on the Bible verse:
“But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: ‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.’” (Isaiah 43:1)
High school students interested in learning about LCMS professional church work careers are encouraged to register for CUC’s Careers for Christ Fall 2022.
- Learn about CUC’s pre-professional church work programs.
- Meet and get to know church work program faculty and current students.
- Enjoy a group outing in the picturesque Oak Park/River Forest area.
- Tour CUC’s beautiful 40-acre campus.
- Additional option for young women only: Young women attending Careers for Christ Fall 2022 are also invited to a special Women of Mercy event starting 24 hours beforehand.
For Questions, Please Contact:
- Dr. Kevin Borchers, Associate Professor of Christian Education: Kevin.Borchers@CUChicago.edu or 708-209-3593
- Office of Undergraduate Admission: Admission@CUChicago.edu or 708-209-3100
This event is now full. Registration is closed.
Young women attending Careers for Christ - Fall 2022 are also invited to a special Women of Mercy event starting 24 hours before the weekend’s main events. Come to campus a day early for this special college visit for young women only!
CUC’s Women of Mercy starts at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 27 and runs until the next evening, Friday, Oct. 28, when Careers for Christ - Fall 2022 begins.
Participating students will:
- Serve at the largest homeless shelter in Chicago.
- Enjoy Bible studies led by CUC theology professors and staff.
- Have fun with young women who are currently students in CUC’s church work programs (Lutheran teacher education, director of Christian education and deaconess).
- Attend beautiful, serene Evening Prayer in the Chapel.
- Connect with women church workers through discussion about ministry and family from women’s perspectives.
- Stay in a residence hall with a current CUC church work student.
Women in church vocations are very important to us at CUC, and we would like to uphold and encourage you from the very start. We hope you’ll join in this unique event hosted by our deaconess students!
FOR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Deaconess Kristin Wassilak, Assistant Professor of Theology, Director of Deaconess Program
Kristin.Wassilak@CUChicago.edu or 708-209-3136