This specialization develops educational experts who can design, implement, evaluate and manage curriculum and instruction programs in K‐12 schools.
Concordia University Chicago's Leadership PhD program with a specialization in curriculum and instruction is for teachers who wish to pursue a program that prepares them for leadership roles in public or private schools. This program develops educational experts and scholars who can design, implement, evaluate and manage curriculum and instruction programs in K-12 schools. The coursework facilitates the exploration, discussion and understanding of the challenges and possibilities of teacher education.
- Develop the abilities for research and critical thinking in the field of curriculum and instruction, with theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Develop competency in curriculum evaluation, development and mapping.
- Improve understanding in the teaching and learning process.
- Build a strong professional background in areas related to curriculum and instruction.
- Support and lead reform and change efforts related to teacher development in schools.
Connect with your admission counselor.