- On Campus
- 30 Credit Hours
- 12 or 24 Months
Spring 2022 Application Deadline | Classes start May 9, 2022
Fall 2022 Completed file due | Classes start Aug. 29, 2022
The Master of Arts degree in Gifted Education is designed for educators who are interested in developing an understanding of and developing programs for High Achieving, Gifted and Talented students. This program supports educators in becoming experts who can meet the needs of all learners through the lens of gifted education. It prepares educators to serve as teacher leaders in planning and implementing programs that address the specific needs of gifted and talented students.
The Master’s in Gifted Education offers teachers the opportunity to complete 30 hours of coursework, of which 24 hours will lead to an endorsement. The MA degree requires two additional courses in addition to completing the endorsement requirements; these courses are a technology course and a seminar course.
Candidates who are admitted to this program will be able to:
- Think critically and analytically about gifted education and the role gifted programs play in the development of students identified as gifted and talented.
- Develop curriculum and utilize instructional strategies that are differentiated and meet the learning needs of all students.
- Provide leadership in schools with gifted programs through program development and coaching.
- Promote an understanding of gifted learners and gifted education that leads to effective programming that includes: identification, assessment, technology, social and emotional learning, differentiated instructional practices, and effective learning environments.
- Admission acceptance into the Gifted Education Program
- Completion of the Gifted Education coursework
- Successful completion of the program practicum
Connect with your admission counselor.