- 30 Credit Hours
- 24 Months
Summer 2023 Application Due | Classes start May 8, 2023
The MA in Educational Technology: Curriculum and Instruction program prepares teachers in public and private schools to more effectively integrate technology into their classroom practice. It is constructed for teachers who teach in a traditional face-to-face classroom and/or a 1:1 computing environment. The program prepares teachers with the competencies required to improve the quality of classroom teaching, and helps them develop theoretical and practical understandings of educational technologies within curricular, instructional, and assessment frameworks. In addition, coursework addresses differentiating instruction using technology, the use of adaptive/assistive technology for all students (with emphasis on students with special needs), building learning communities, using social media effectively, and applying current research on learning to classrooms. The program is aligned to ISTE-Teaching standards and National Board of Professional Teaching standards.
This program provides candidates with coursework aimed at mastering the following:
- Understand and apply educational theory as it relates to contemporary computer-based instructional practices.
- Deliberate and choose appropriate pedagogical strategies using technology to enhance instruction and improve learning outcomes.
- Recognize, develop, and use image-rich technology tools and curriculum to enhance instruction.
- Synthesize technology-enhanced practices in professional settings to build learning communities.
- Use student achievement data to evaluate instructional practices in a data-driven decision-making environment.
- Differentiate instruction using adaptive/assistive technology.
- Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility.
- Recognize and evaluate trends in educational technology.
Connect with your admission counselor.