- PhD, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies - Loyola University; Chicago, IL
- MS, Educational Administration - Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, IL
- BA, Elementary Education - Knox College; Galesburg, IL
Academic and Professional Highlights
Awards and Honors
- Superintendent of Distinction - IASA Cook County Region (2017-2018)
- National Blue Ribbon Principal (1997)
Prior to accepting a position at Concordia-Chicago, Schlichting was a school superintendent for 13 years. Before becoming a superintendent, she worked as an assistant superintendent, principal, assistant principal and classroom teacher.
- Systematic Improvement
- Organizational Change
- Instructional Leadership
“Teacher Agency: Building a Culture for Professional Learning,” National Learning Forward Conference, Orlando Florida, 2017.
“Ensuring a Return on your Strategic Plan Investment,” Illinois Joint Annual Conference, Chicago, 2017.
“Closing Achievement Gaps: Aligning Data to Culture to Action,” National Education Quality Conference, Milwaukee, WI, 2014.
“How does the School Board Work in Ways that Build Trusting Relationships around High Expectations for Accountability, Reform, and Continuously Improving Results?,” Great Lakes TURN Labor-Management Conference, Lisle, 2014.
“Creating a School/district Culture that Embraces the Use of Data for Decision Making at All Levels,” Illinois Joint Annual Conference, Chicago, 2010.
“The Passion of Teaching,” ASCD National Conference, San Antonio, TX, 2002.