Whether you have already found your passion in life, or whether you started college and had no idea what to major in—let alone what career you’d like to pursue—students freshman through senior can ensure they have the tools to succeed with these free resources from CUC’s Office of Career Services.
- Career exploration: Finding your unique purpose and talents takes patience. The Office of Career Services can help you learn about potential occupations via local employer visits, informational interviews and more, guiding you toward discovering your vocation.
- Internship experiences: Career Services can connect you with companies, nonprofit organizations, and current and former CUC students who’ve had successful internship experiences. Pursuing an internship and/or volunteer opportunities in your area of interest are some of the best ways to explore what’s out there, broaden your skillset and build your resume.
- Resume and cover letter assistance: Speaking of resumes, Career Services can teach you how to put together an impactful resume and write a compelling cover letter, tailored to each job you’re applying for. And once you have a draft written, they can be your second set of eyes to review it before you send it off to potential employers.
- Job interview prep: Here’s a secret to defeating pre-interview jitters: be prepared! Have a chat with Career Services about how to research the company or person you’ll be interviewing with, how to carry yourself, and how to talk up your strengths and accomplishments.
- Career planning: What are your goals? It sounds like a simple question, but it can be a big deciding factor in your future path, whether to attend grad school and how to build the experience you’ll need in the future.
- Networking, workshops and events: The more people you get to know, the more you will hear about career opportunities that may interest you. It can be difficult to start from scratch, but the Career Services staff helps you build a strong network right from the get-go.
Visiting the Office of Career Services is the easiest thing you can do to get a jump start on your career. Start taking advantage of these resources early on in your CUC journey by visiting CUChicago.edu/career.