Concordia University Chicago is closely monitoring information related to the international outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Officials from the University’s Emergency Response Team, Dean of Students Office, Human Resources, Public Safety, Facilities, Campus Health Clinic and other key offices are actively reviewing and updating related procedures, and responding as needed. CUC’s team continues to work in conjunction with federal, state, and local health authorities, to provide information and implement policies intended to ensure the continued health and safety of our community.
Campus Operations - Fall 2022
- Facemasks are NOT REQUIRED to be worn indoors, mirroring current state and county guidelines.
- Exception: Masks are required for all patients and healthcare providers accessing the on-campus Health Clinic (Klinck lower level).
- Individuals may still wear facemasks should they choose to do so, and the University recommends all members of our campus community continue exhibiting understanding and kindness in this situation. Additionally, the CDC recommends continued facemask use in limited situations.
- The University will NOT require COVID-19 testing for those returning to campus and/or in-person courses for the Fall 2022 semester.
- The University requires formal reporting for all individuals who have a confirmed case of COVID-19, have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have an assumed case of COVID-19. COMPLETE COVID-19 SELF-REPORTING FORM
- University events and extracurriculars are being held without capacity restrictions.
- All campus buildings and facilities are open general public.
- The State of Illinois COVID-19 vaccination mandate for students, faculty and staff expired on July 24, 2022.
- Concordia University Chicago will no longer require COVID-19 vaccination of students, faculty or staff, and will not collect vaccination status documentation for the Fall 2022 semester.
- All members of the university community are strongly encouraged to receive COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters, in consultation with their personal medical providers. To find a vaccine provider near you, visit vaccines.gov.
- The University does not offer on-campus COVID-19 testing.
- A list of off-campus testing sites in Illinois is available via the Illinois Department of Public Health website.
- Individuals who are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or who have been exposed to a positive case should complete testing at home or via an off-campus provider.
- Most traditional undergraduate courses will be offered in an in-person, on-campus format only.
- Classroom density is not limited; classrooms will be configured in a way that best promotes the particular academic learning environment.
- Graduate-level and ADP courses are offered in both online and in-person formats.
Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC)
- The ECEC is open pursuant to State of Illinois and DCFS statutes.
- The Center is operating with strict safety protocols in place to meet all State of Illinois and DCFS regulations.
- Contact the ECEC directly at crfecec@CUChicago.edu for enrollment details.
- All sports are taking part in full training, practice and competition schedules.
- All student-athletes and members of the athletics staff are required to strictly adhere to all NCAA and NACC regulations, which currently defer to State of Illinois and Cook County protocols.
- Coaches for each team/sport are responsible for sharing and implementing the complete athletics plan throughout the semester.
- There are no room or hall occupancy limits.
- Students will have roommates. Single rooms are available on a limited basis.
- Guests will be permitted in residence hall rooms in accordance with existing visitation policies.
- Lounges and kitchens are open.
- All foodservice locations will be open for normal operations.
- Walk-in dine-in, pre-orders for carry out, and walk-in carry-out options are available.
- Expanded sanitation procedures remain in place.
- Sodexo's new Everyday smartphone app will provide a simplified pre-order and takeout experience.
Communication to the CUC Community
The University is regularly communicating COVID-19 responses and information via email. A comprehensive archive of those communications is available below.
- Student Reminder - Testing Positive & Quarantine - September 15, 2022
- Fall 2022 COVID-19 Protocols - August 3, 2022
- Illinois Vaccination Mandate Expires - July 25, 2022
- Vaccination Proof Requirement Extended - July 7, 2022
- Masking Update & Spring Break Procedures - February 21, 2022
- Isolate in Place Procedures - February 15, 2022
- Updated Quarantine/Isolation Procedures - January 3, 2021
- Spring '22 Return to Campus Testing Requirement & Campus Operations - December 22, 2021
- COVID-19 Testing and Test Reporting - September 16, 2021
- Illinois Vaccination Mandate - August 30, 2021
- Cook County Facemask Mandate - August 23, 2021
- Facemasks Temporarily Required - August 11, 2021
- Fall 2021 Return to Campus Plan - July 12, 2021
- Illinois Phase 5 Operations Memo - June 11, 2021
- Phase 4 Bridge Operations Update - May 20, 2021
- Fall 2021 Return to Campus Details Announced - February 25, 2021
- Spring Operations Update - January 20, 2021
- Spring 2021 Return to Campus Plan - December 11, 2020
- Campus Operations Update - IL Tier 3 Mitigations - November 18, 2020
- Fall Mitigation Memo - October 29, 2020
- Spring 2021 Operations Announcement - October 16, 2020
- #CampusClear App Update - September 4, 2020
- Employee Mask Clarification Memo - August 31, 2020
- First Fall COVID-19 Case - August 24, 2020
- Fall Online Academic Plan + FAQ - August 4, 2020
- Non-Traditional Fall Athletics Season - July 27, 2020
- Fall Return to Campus Plan - July 7, 2020
- Illinois Phase 4 & Return-to-Campus Preview - June 26, 2020
- Return to Work Procedures - June 8, 2020
- Illinois Phase 3: Campus Reopening Plan Preview - May 28, 2020
- President Dawn: Fall Operations Update - May 12, 2020
- Illinois Stay at Home Order Extended Through May - April 23, 2020
- University Update - April 18, 2020
- Commencement Update - April 17, 2020
- Student Assistance Fund - April 6, 2020
- Student Account Adjustments and Refunds - April 6, 2020
- Illinois Stay-at-Home Order Extended - March 31, 2020
- COVID-19: First Confirmed Case - March 30, 2020
- Residential Life Update: Room and Board Credit - March 27, 2020
- Commencement Update - March 26, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Faculty/Staff - March 20, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Students - March 20, 2020
- Campus Update: Faculty & Staff - March 19, 2020
- Student Information Update - March 19, 2020
- Undergraduate Student Update - March 18, 2020
- Residential Student Move Out Plan - March 17, 2020
- Staff Telework Communication - March 16, 2020
- Concordia University Chicago Update - March 16, 2020
- Telework and Childcare Update - March 13, 2020
- Athletics Season Cancellation - March 13, 2020
- COVID-19 Update - March 12, 2020
- E-learning Test Date Change and Additional Response Guidance - March 11, 2020
- Academic and Business Continuity Planning - March 9, 2020
- International Travel Reporting Requirements - March 4, 2020
- General Coronavirus Update - March 3, 2020
- General Coronavirus Warning - January 31, 2020
CUC Reporting Requirements
COVID-19 Mandatory Reporting
Employees and students who have been directly exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case or received a positive diagnosis themselves are required to provide a report to the University.
If you experience symptoms which you believe may be related to the COVID-19 and before seeking face-to-face care, you are strongly encouraged to call an off campus health clinic or your preferred healthcare provider for a preliminary screening and to schedule an appointment.
Any individual experiencing potential symptoms should not come to campus for any reason.
In addition, and to safeguard the campus community, persons traveling to areas that are listed on the CDC travel warning register (see Travel Reporting Requirements above) may be required to report any health issues and/or remain away from the campus for 14 days upon return to the U.S. to ensure that they have not contracted the COVID-19.
Additional information about local healthcare providers is available on the CUC Health Clinic webpage.
If you have additional questions or concerns related to your role as a student, faculty or staff member, please direct your inquiry to the following offices:
Students and Parents (Current)
Dean of Students Office
Students and Parents
(New for Fall 2020 or later)
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Graduate Admission & Student Services
ADP Advising Office
Office of Human Resources
Early Childhood Education Center