Dr. Stahlke courses in music composition, music theory, orchestration, counterpoint, form and analysis, 20th-century music history and techniques. As a mentor, he guides student composers in preparing works for recitals. Dr. Stahlke also works with students on music analysis projects and advanced orchestration.
Among Dr. Stahlke’s research interests are song cycles for solo voice and piano, hymn concertatos and arranging the Song of Solomon for choir and orchestra. He has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 1996.
- DMA, music composition - University of Cincinnati; Cincinnati, OH
- MA, music - Duke University; Durham, NC
- BM, composition, theory, and piano pedagogy - Baylor University; Waco, TX
Academic and Professional Highlights
- “Prayer of Good Courage,” a capella.
- “Pilgrims," Concert Band.
- Confession Stone,” mezzo-soprano and piano.