Paul Sims, PhD
Associate Professor of Educational Leadership
College of Graduate and Innovative Programs
Dr. Sims teaches Ethics, Research, Change, Instructional Leadership, Supervision Internship, Supervisory Theory and Practice and Strategies of Educational Leadership courses at Concordia University Chicago. He teaches at the masters and doctoral levels, as well as online courses in Supervision and Leadership. Among his areas of research interest includes the professional development of teachers and professors, school improvement, and supervision and evaluation. Dr. Sims has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 2009.
- PhD, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies. Loyola University Chicago.
- MEd, Curriculum Development. DePaul University, Chicago.
- MDiv, Theology. Aquinas Institute of Theology, St. Louis, Mo.
- BA, Social Studies. University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- "Best Practices in Education and Professional Development." Lutheran principals in the Northern Illinois District, Concordia University Chicago, River Forest, Ill., Jan. 25, 2011.
- “Supervision Instructional Leadership and Change Course.” Concordia University Chicago Adjunct Faculty Exchange mini-CAFÉ, River Forest, Ill., Dec. 11, 2010.
- "Immigration and Its Effects on Catholic Health Care." Franciscan Sisters of Chicago, Lemont, Ill., Nov. 20, 2010.
- “Professional Development for Teachers.” Principals of the Diocese of Joliet, Joliet, Ill., Nov. 16, 2010.
- “Case Study Method of Pedagogy.” Dominican University, River Forest, Ill., Oct. 30, 2010.
- "Come and Get Fed." Concordia University Irvine, Irvine, Calif., Oct. 2, 2010.
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Board Member of the Illinois Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Chair, Research and the Universities and Colleges Committee
- Presenter and faculty member, Curriculum Leadership Development Network (CLDN) for ASCD
- Member, Phi Delta Kappa