Kimberly T. Strike
Associate Professor of LeadershipProgram Leader - Teacher Leadership
College of Graduate and Innovative Programs
Professor Strike teaches curriculum and assessment, learning school-based professional learning communities, building collaborative relationships and oversees the teacher leadership practicum at Concordia University Chicago. Strike's areas of research and expertise include educational leadership, teacher leadership, curriculum, instruction, assessment and professional growth and learning as well as supervision including coaching and mentoring. Professor Strike is an undergraduate mentor and PDK member and reviews PDK scholarships at Concordia-Chicago. Strike also offers CPS coaching through the Center for Literacy JiM (Jump into Multi-literacies) program.
Prior to her academic career at CUC, Strike was a teacher for 10 years. Strike has been a faculty member with Concordia-Chicago since 2014.
- BSEd, University of Wisconsin - Whitewater; Whitewater, WI.
- MEd, National Louis
- Reading Specialist Licensure, Mount Mary University; Milwaukee, WI.
- PhD, Marquette University; Milwaukee, WI.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Publications focused on induction, mentoring and coaching of teachers.
- Publication focused on mentoring of educational leaders.
- Anticipate publication on evaluation of educational leaders by December 2015.
- All publications have been through Roman Littlefield, and are available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Awards and Honors
- Phi Delta Kappa Study Tour scholarship recipient 2015.
- Wisconsin State Reading Association Administrator of the Year nominee 2015.
- Will study educational systems of Germany, Prague and Poland in October 2015.