Jeffrey T. Brierton, PhD
Associate Professor of Leadership
College of Graduate and Innovative Programs
Dr. Brierton has been a member of the Concordia-Chicago faculty since 2014. He teaches Ethics, School Evaluation and Change, Instructional Leadership, and Organizational Change. Dr. Brierton is an intern supervisor in the Principal Prep Internship program. His areas of research interest are Organizational Change, Ethics, and Politics in School Leadership.
PhD, History, Loyola University; Chicago, Ill.
EdS, Educational Leadership, National-Louis University; Chicago, Ill.
MSEd, Educational Leadership, Northern Illinois University; Dekalb, Ill.
MA, Political Science, Roosevelt University; Chicago, Ill.
BA, Political Science, Elmhurst College; Elmhurst, Ill.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- "Ethics and Politics in School Leadership: Finding Common Ground," with Brenda F. Graham, Daniel Tomal and Robert K. Wilhite, Roman & Littlefield, 2016.
Awards and Honors
- Round Lake Area Schools District 116 Board of Education Award of Merit, 2007.
- Round Lake High School Service Award, 2007.
- NICASA of Lake County Service Award, 2007.
- Illinois Director of Student Activities Principals Recognition Award, 2007.
- National Association of Secondary School Principals Illinois Principals Association High School Principal of the Year, 2007.
- 10-year veteran, United States Army Reserve