Donna Blaess, PhD
College of Graduate and Innovative Programs
Dr. Blaess has been teaching in the field of organizational leadership delivering instruction online, since 1997. She has developed online graduate degree programs and curricula for several universities, including CUC. She has been a full-time member of the CUC faculty since 2009. Dr. Blaess currently teaches courses in organizational leadership, change, innovation, and sustainability as well as sport management ethics and research.
Additionally, Dr. Blaess has served on dissertation research committees since 1995. She has served as a member of the CUC Doctoral Faculty since 2011 and as a member of the Doctoral Programs Advisory Committee since 2013.
Dr. Blaess’ research interests include organizational leadership and change, higher educational teaching and mentoring, educational globalization, and adult learning. About the aforementioned topics, Dr. Blaess has been the primary or co-author on several publications and presentations at national and international conferences. In addition, she serves as an editorial peer-review member for the Journal of Leadership Education, the affiliate publication of the Association of Leadership Education, and Connect, the publication of the International Mentoring Association.
- PhD, Educational Psychology, University of Iowa; Iowa City, Iowa.
- MA, Guidance and Counseling, University of South Florida; Tampa, Fla.
- BA, English and History, University of Tampa; Tampa, Fla.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- “Holistic Mentoring and Coaching to Sustain Organizational Change and Innovation,” (with K. Hollywood, C. Santin, and L. Bloom). Creighton Journal of Internal Leadership, in press, 2016.
- “Mentoring as a Catalyst for Change and Innovation: An Interview with a Higher Education Leader.” Connect, International mentoring Association, 2015.
- “Strengths based E-mentoring for Organizational Leadership Students,” (with K. Hollywood). Connect, Internal Mentoring Association, October, 2014.
- “A Challenge for Higher Education: Preparing Competent Global Leaders,” (with K. Hollywood and C. Santin). Management Education: An International Journal, 2014.
- “Preparing the Professorate to Prepare Globally Competent Leaders,” (with K. Hollywood and C. Grant). Journal of Leadership Studies, 2012.
- “Training to maximizing doctoral e-mentoring,” (with Hollywood, K.). Presented at the 8th International Mentoring Association Conference; Phoenix-Gilbert, Az., April, 2015.
- “Creating and sustaining a learner centered institutional culture,” (with Hollywood, K., and Santin, C.) Presented at the Chair Academy 14th International Conference; Seattle, WA, April, 2015.
- “Effective e-mentoring for a diversity of doctoral scholars,” (with Hollywood, K., and Santin, K.) Presented at the 15th annual International Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change, On the Organization, University of California; Berkley, CA, February, 2015.
- “Championing diversity and inclusion to create a culture of innovation,” (with Santin, C. and Hollywood, K.) Presented at the 15th annual International Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change, On the Organization, University of California; Berkley, CA, February, 2015.
- “Strengths based e-mentoring strategies in graduate leadership education,” (with Hollywood, K. G.) Presented at the 7th annual International Mentoring Conference, University of New Mexico; Albuquerque, NM, October, 2014.
- “Maximizing personnel through coaching techniques,” (with Hollywood, K. and Santin, C.) Presented at the 14th annual International Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change. On the Organization, Said School of Business; Oxford University, Oxford, UK, August, 2014.
- “A mandate for innovation in higher education,” (with Santin, C. and Hollywood, K.) Presented at the 14th annual International Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change. On the Organization, Said School of Business, Oxford University; Oxford, UK, August, 2014.
- “Teaching leadership students how to set an organizational agenda,” (with Hollywood, K.) Presented at the annual conference of the Association of Leadership Educators; San Antonio, Texas, July, 2014.
- “The Servant Leader as Facilitator of e-Learning,” (with K. Hollywood). 2010 Regional Conference on Servant Leadership. Marylhurst University; Marylhurst, Ore., 2010.
- “Fostering Critical Thinking in Online Graduate Education,” (with K. Hollywood). College Teaching and Learning 21st annual conference; Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., 2010.
- “Clarifying the Action Research Process for Online Doctoral Students,” (with K. Hollywood). College Teaching and Learning 21st annual conference; Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., 2010.
- “Many Minds, Many Voices: Facilitating Critical Thinking in Online Education.” SLATE annual meeting; Chicago, 2009.
- The NCU Dissertation Research Project. Northcentral University; Prescott Valley, Ariz., 2007.
- Who’s Who in the World, 2015, 2013, 2012
- Who’s Who in America, 2014
- Who’s Who of American Women, 2011, 2010
- Who’s Who of American Education, 2008, 2007