- PhD, Comparative Literature - University of North Carolina; Chapel Hill, NC
- MA, English - North Carolina State University; Raleigh, NC
- MA, Classics - Fordham University; New York, NY
- BA, Theology and Classical Studies - Boston College; Newton, MA
- Chancellor's Undergraduate Teaching Award for University Faculty (SUTASA), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2017).
- National Leadership in Diversity Award, University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA), Washington, DC (2017).
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Friday Center for Continuing Education, UNC-Chapel Hill (2016).
- Avery Excellence in Teaching Literature Award, Department of English & Comparative Literature, UNC-Chapel Hill (2011 and 2013).
- Pushcart Prize in Fiction (2012).
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Houston
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Lecturer, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Visiting Lecturer, North Carolina State University
- Comparative Literature, Religion and Literature, Early Modern Literature, Classics, Contemporary Fiction
“The Cross Cult, King Oswald, and Elizabethan Historiography,” British Catholic History 33 (2016).
“Alcuin’s York Poem and Liturgical Contexts: Oswald’s Adoration of the Cross,” Medium Ævum 82 (2013).
“Walker Percy’s ‘The Centerfielder’: A Manuscript of an Unpublished Short Story,” ANQ 26 (2013).
“Identifying the Twelfe Runa in the Old English Seasons for Fasting,” Notes & Queries 257 (2012).
“Kontrastimitation and Typology in Alcuin’s York Poem,” Viator: Medieval and Renaissance Studies 43 (2012).
“A Priest and a ‘Queen’: John Donne’s Epigram ‘Martial’,” John Donne Journal 28 (2009).
“Wagering,” Ruminate Magazine 26 (2012).
“Terminal,” Dappled Things 7 (2012).
“The Fall of Punicea,” Pushcart Prize 37 (2012).
“Games People Play: Inside the North Carolina Correctional System,” J Journal 9 (2016).