- PhD, Doctor of Philosophy - University of Oxford; Oxford, England
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Concordia University Irvine, 2010-2020
- Concordia Theological Seminary, 2007-2010
- Concordia College - New York, 2005-2007
- Warburg Institute, University of London, 2004-2005
Awards and Honors
- CUI Bono Professor of the Year, 2012, 2018
- Western Civilization
- Islamic History
- History of Ideas
Martin Luther and Islam: A Study in Sixteenth Century Polemics and Apologetics (Brill, 2007).
English Translations of Luther's Latin and German Writings, in Luther's Works, vols. 58-60 (CPH, 2010-12).
Making the Case for Christianity: Responding to Modern Objections (CPH, 2014).
"Can a Historian Explain the Empty Tomb with the Resurrection of Jesus?" in The Resurrection Fact (NRP, 2016), 43-58.
"Crusade, Pacifism, and Just War: Responses to Ottoman Imperialism in the Early Reformation Era," Muslim World 107:4 (2017): 621-631.