Assistant Professor of Elementary Education
College of Education
- Ed.D. - Educational Leadership, University of St. Francis (2016)
- M.S. - Educational Leadership, University of St. Francis (2011)
- B.S. - Business Administration, Ball State University (1997)
- General Administrative Endorsement, University of St. Francis (2011)
- Professional Educator License, Northwestern University (2003)
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Mathematics Instructional Best Practices
- Pre-service and In-service Teacher Professional Development
- Thies, A. (2019). Math Centers: You Can Do It! River Forest, IL: Lutheran Education Journal
- Thies, A. & Thies, C. (2019). Why I Became a Lutheran School Educator. River Forst, IL: Lutheran Education Journal.
- Thies, A. (2018). Math Instruction: Then and Now. Presentation for Concordia University Chicago's Golden Alumnae Reunion, River Forest, IL.
- Thies, A. (2018). Differentiated Math: Math Work Stations Made Easy. Presentation at the Concordia University Chicago Early Childhood Conference, River Forest, IL.
- Thies, A., Boche, B., Bartels, S. (2017). Disciplinary Literacies – Moving Beyond One Size Fits All. Presentation at the Illinois Reading Conference, Peoria, IL.
- Thies, A. (2017, 2016). Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS). Presentation for Kirby School, District, Fernway Park Elementary School, Orland Hills, IL.