- EdD - Educational Leadership, University of St. Francis (2016)
- MS - Educational Leadership, University of St. Francis (2011)
- BS - Business Administration, Ball State University (1997)
- General Administrative Endorsement, University of St. Francis (2011)
- Professional Educator License, Northwestern University (2003)
- Mathematics Instructional Best Practices
- Pre-service and In-service Teacher Professional Development
Thies, A. (2019). Math Centers: You Can Do It! River Forest, IL: Lutheran Education Journal.
Thies, A. (2019). Differentiated Math: Math Work Stations Made Easy. Lead Speaker at the NCTM Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Thies, A. (2018). Math Instruction: Then and Now. Presentation for Concordia University Chicago's Golden Alumnae Reunion, River Forest, IL.
Thies, A. (2018). Differentiated Math: Math Work Stations Made Easy. Presentation at the Concordia University Chicago Early Childhood Conference, River Forest, IL.
Thies, A., Boche, B., Bartels, S. (2017). Disciplinary Literacies – Moving Beyond One Size Fits All. Presentation at the Illinois Reading Conference, Peoria, IL.
Thies, A. (2017, 2016). Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS). Presentation for Kirby School, District, Fernway Park Elementary School, Orland Hills, IL.