William Ewald, MBA
Associate Professor Emeritus
College of Business
Associate Professor Emeritus of Business Management and Accounting
Professor Ewald teaches a variety of business courses, as well as courses in the history of American business and the ethnic and cultural heritage of Chicago.
As a University archivist, Professor Ewald maintains records of Concordia-Chicago's history. When researching American business, he concentrates on marketing distribution systems, the power of branding and brand loyalty in children. Professor Ewald has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 1966.
- MBA, Dominican University; River Forest, Ill.
- MA, German, University of Illinois at Chicago; Chicago.
- BA, secondary education, German and English, Concordia Teachers College; River Forest, Ill.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- “Women on the Faculty at Concordia: The Early Years,” Concordia Gender and Women’s Studies Seminar, Concordia University Chicago, April 2009.
- “Growing Up in the Teacherage: Life as a TK,” Lutheran Education Association, Minneapolis, Minn., 2008 .
- “Topics on Children and Brand Loyalty,” Early Childhood Education Seminar, Concordia University Chicago, Summer 2006 and 2008.
- “Take Me to the Fair: LCMS Elementary Students at the 1904 Lewis and Clark Exposition in St. Louis,” Lutheran Education Association, Indianapolis, Ind., 2005.
- “Atlanta: We Have a Problem!” www.EuropeanTraveler.com, June 2008.