Timothy Basadur, MBA
Assistant Professor of Business
College of Business
Professor Basadur has been with Concordia-Chicago since 2011 teaching a variety of management classes in the College of Business. His research interests include topics that can be said to fall under managerial cognition, including entrepreneurship (opportunity recognition and entrepreneurial orientation), individual and organizational creativity, motivated cognition (regulatory mode orientation, goal orientation, and mindset theory), decision making, and social network analysis.
Prior to CUC, Basadur was an instructor in the College of Business at the University of Illinois, Chicago. He has held other positions such as a Trainer and Creative Process Leader in Canada and was an instructor in the Tourism department at Hyechon College in Taejon, South Korea.
In his spare time Professor Basadur is a volunteer business consultant for the Arts and Business Council of Chicago and is an Advisory Board Member of Ensemble Dal Niente.
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Doctoral program in OB/HRM (ABD)
- Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (Master of Business Administration)
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (B.A. in History)
Academic and Professional Highlights
- Zhang, H., Basadur, T. M. and Schmidt, J. B. (2014), Information Distribution, Utilization, and Decisions by New Product Development Teams. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 31: 189204.
- Basadur, M.S., Basadur, T., Beuk, F. (2014). Facilitating High Quality Idea Evaluation Using Telescoping. Wirtschaftspsychologie (Business Psychology), 2: 59-71.
- Basadur, M.S., Basadur, T.M., and Licina, G. (2013). Simplexity thinking. Contributed chapter in the Encyclopedia of Creativity, Invention, Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Editor: Ruchika Bhatt.
- Basadur, M., Gelade, G., and Basadur, T. (2013). Creative problem solving process styles, cognitive work demands, and organizational adaptability. Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 50(1): 80-115.
- Basadur, M.S., Basadur, T.M., and Licina, G. (2012). Organizational creativity and organizational development. Contributed chapter in the Handbook of Organizational Creativity. Elsevier. Editor: Michael D. Mumford.
- Basadur, M.S. and Basadur, T.M., and Licina, G. (2012). Attitudes and creativity. Contributed chapter to the Encyclopedia of Creativity, 2nd Edition, Elsevier. Editors-inChief: Mark A. Runco and Steven R. Pritzker.
- Basadur, M., Basadur, T. (2011). Where are the generators? Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity and the Arts: The Psychology of Creativity, 5(1): 29-42.
- Basadur, T.M, Beuk, F., Monllor, J. 2010. Regulatory fit: How individuals progress through the stages of the creative process. In Leslie A. Toombs (Ed.), Proceedings of the Seventieth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (CD), ISSN 1543-8643
Awards and Honors:
- 2012 Finalist, Students Favorite Challenging Professor, Concordia University Chicago
- 2011 Best Doctoral Student Paper Award, PDMA 35th Product Innovation Management Annual Global Conference
- 2010 Best Paper Proceedings, Academy of Management Annual Conference