Jump Start FAQ
Do I have to attend a Jump Start session?
Yes, it's a requirement for all new students attending CUC.
What should I bring to Jump Start?
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Things you may need for your placement tests and/or musical auditions (calculator, musical instrument as directed)
- Vehicle/license plate if you plan to have a car on campus
- Clothing and toiletries for overnight stay (for the two-day programs)
- Writing instruments
- An open mind and a positive attitude!
Do I need to bring a photo ID to obtain my student ID?
Yes, students need to confirm their identity with valid identification (drivers license, state ID) to obtain their student ID.
What will we be doing?
You will attend information sessions and participate in activities to help acclimate yourself to campus.
Should my parents come?
Of course! We have special information just for them.
What should I wear to Jump Start?
Do I have to take tests during Jump Start?
Yes, all new freshmen and any transfer student without the appropriate college level math course will take a Math assessment during Jump Start. These tests are used to help ensure you are on the right academic path to do your best at CUC. Do not fret - the exams are not related to your admission status. Music majors may have to take a placement test or schedule a placement audition. We’ve provided a listing of resources if you would like to prepare: