All new students—freshmen and transfers—are required to attend Jump Start, CUC's orientation program. The program helps you and your family become better acquainted with unique aspects of the University and provides you with an opportunity to meet your future classmates.
- Transfer students - learn more about your specialized Jump Start program!
- Parents are also welcome to attend to learn more about the transition to Concordia University Chicago.
Do you plan to begin at CUC in the spring 2018 term? Explore our Winter Jump Start session details!
Submit your enrollment deposit to be eligible to register for Jump Start today!
Before you can register for a Jump Start, you need to make your enrollment deposit. Simply log into Concordia Connect to complete this process. After submitting the enrollment deposit, you'll immediately be able to sign up for orientation on the "Jump Start" page in Concordia Connect!
Do you plan to begin at CUC in the fall 2018 term?
Jump Start orientation sessions for new freshmen will be held in June, July and August. Online registration for summer Jump Start sessions will open in February.
2018 Summer Jump Start Dates
|June 15-16||Friday, June 8|
|June 21-22||Thursday, June 14|
|June 27-28||Wednesday, June 20|
|July 13-14||Friday, July 6|
|July 17*||Tuesday, July 10|
|July 26-27||Thursday, July 19|
|August 15*||Wednesday, August 8|
*These program dates are open to commuter students only. All other program dates are open to both residential students and commuter students.
Jump Start for STUDENTS features:
- Meet individually with an academic advisor to register for classes
- Meet individually with Financial Aid and Business Services staff
- Learn about spiritual life opportunities on and off campus
- Have an overview of academic life
- Participate in a Concordia Connect tutorial – an online program that provides you with information about your course schedule and fees.
- Be introduced to academic expectations
- Learn about opportunities for involvement inside and outside the classroom
- See how CUC works to fulfill our mission to equip "men and women to serve and lead with integrity, creativity, competence, and compassion in a diverse, interconnected, and increasingly urbanized church and world."
The Concordia Fair
- Learn about:
- Housing options and meal plans
- Service learning
- On-campus jobs
- Vehicle registration
- Get your photo taken for your CUC ID
- Join in activities to get to know your new classmates
- Experience a trip to downtown Chicago
- Enjoy a reception with faculty and staff