All new students—freshmen and transfers—are required to attend Jump Start, CUC's orientation program. The program helps you and your family become better acquainted with unique aspects of the University and provides you with an opportunity to meet your future classmates.
- Transfer students - learn more about your specialized Jump Start program!
- Parents are also welcome to attend to learn more about the transition to Concordia University Chicago.
Do you plan to begin at CUC in the fall 2020 term?
Fall 2020 classes begin Monday, August 24. Jump Start orientation sessions for new freshmen will be held in June, July and August.
Summer 2020 Jump Start Dates
|June 19||Friday, June 12|
|June 26||Friday, June 19|
|June 27||Saturday, June 20|
|July 16||Thursday, July 9|
|July 23||Thursday, July 16|
|August 12||Wednesday, August 5|
|August 13||Thursday, August 7=6|
Download your CUC Freshman Checklist (PDF) to review what you need to do to prepare for enrollment in the Fall 2020 semester.
Jump Start for STUDENTS features:
- Meet individually with an academic advisor to register for classes
- Meet individually with Financial Aid and Student Business Services staff
- Learn about spiritual life opportunities on and off campus
- Have an overview of academic life
- Participate in a tutorial about Concordia Connect – CUC's online portal that provides you with information about your course schedule and fees
- Be introduced to academic expectations
- Learn about opportunities for involvement inside and outside the classroom
- See how CUC works to fulfill our mission to equip "men and women to serve and lead with integrity, creativity, competence, and compassion in a diverse, interconnected, and increasingly urbanized church and world."
The Concordia Fair
- Learn about:
- Housing options and meal plans
- Service learning
- On-campus jobs
- Vehicle registration
- Get your photo taken for your CUC ID
- Activities to help you get to know your classmates
- Special entertainment and more
- CUC special event for parents