Oak Park and River Forest
Concordia University Chicago is located in the beautiful, tree-lined suburb of River Forest, a town that about 11,500 people call home. Just walk a few blocks to reach shops, restaurants, coffee shops and movie theaters.
Six-seven blocks from campus are the friendly downtown suburbs of Oak Park, River Forest and Forest Park where you can:
- Grab a cup of coffee at Red Hen Bakery, Starbucks, or Prairie Bread Kitchen
- Shop small, unique boutiques or store you know like the Gap, Old Navy, DSW and more!
- Take a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Home and Studio and/or Ernest Hemingway's boyhood home
- Pick up snacks at Whole Foods
- Check out The Book Table or The Magic Tree Book Store for a good book
- Sample food from around the world - Greek, Italian, Thai, American, Mexican, French, Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern
Easy access to Chicago is found in Oak Park via the Green Line "L" or Metra train. Explore all that Chicago has to offer by visiting our Chicago Area page.
Find additional local area information with the helpful links provided below