Assistant Director, Transfer Admission
Hometown: Elmhurst, Illinois
Education: BA, Elmhurst College, English Literature and Communications major, fine art minor
MEd, Loyola University Chicago, Higher Education
Territory: Transfer students with last name A-L
Other professional involvement: Illinois Association of College Admission Counseling (IACAC), Private Illinois Colleges and Universities (PICU)
- Greatest things about Concordia–Chicago: I love how the students here connect with and look out for each other. Walking around campus, I can see and feel that without a doubt. Once you find your niche, you have the chance to shine here. Since we are a small campus, there are so many opportunities to take initiative, get involved and make the most out of your college experience.
- Favorite things to do: I love getting the chance to escape from the world with group exercise classes at the FFC in downtown Oak Park, biking, painting and reading.
- What makes Chicago "My Kind of Town"? So much! I love the theaters and seeing plays, like Shakespeare adaptations, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and on and on. The food in the city is awesome too. There are so many different cuisines and hidden restaurant gems. Choose Chicago has let me to uncover fun events and many other great things that the city has to offer.
- Advice to offer during the college search process:: Visit, visit the campus! We want you to come here and see what Concordia University Chicago can offer you. I would also encourage you to visit other campuses too, to find the one that is the best fit for you. Take notes after each visit and keep a comparison chart. It’s really easy to make one in Google Drive, an Excel document, or just a plain old piece of paper.
- Name your favorite Chicago sports team. That’s easy, the Cubs. I love going to the games, even when I know they’re going to lose. It’s part of my history.