Admission & Financial Aid
Undergraduate Class Profile
Of the 358 members representing the 2016 Freshman Class:
- 57% Women
- 43% Men
- 48.3% White
- 34.6% Hispanic or Latino
- 9.8% Black or African-American
- 5.3% Multiracial
- 1.4% Asian
- 0% American Indian or Alaskan Native
- 0% Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander
- 0.6% Not reported
- Religious Affiliation:
- 18.4% Lutheran (LCMS)
- 26.3% Roman Catholic
- 34.4% Other Christian Faiths
- 3.9% Other Faiths
- 17.0% Unknown
- Home State:
- 23 U.S. states are represented
- 67% of new freshmen are from Illinois
- (Home States represented in the 2016 Freshman Class)
- Missouri and Florida (tied)
- Minnesota, Arizona and Kentucky (tied)
- Academic Profile:
- Average ACT composite: 22
- Average SAT composite: 1025
- Average GPA (unweighted): 3.18
Financial Aid Awards for the Entering Class of 2016 (freshmen and transfer students)
The average total financial aid package, including federal and state grants, work-study and low interest loans, awarded to new freshmen was $31,300.
The average scholarship and grant award provided by the University to new freshmen was $18,500.
The University awarded five full-tuition scholarships to President's Honor Scholars.
The average total financial aid package, including federal and state grants, work-study and low interest loans, awarded to new transfer students was $29,100.
The average scholarship and grant award provided by the University to new transfer students was $12,900.