Maximize your education with the Concordia-Chicago/College of DuPage 3+1 program
- On Campus (CoD)
- 128 Credit Hours
- 97 Transfer
Dual Degree Pathway
- BA to MBA
- BA to MA, Leadership
Fall 2020 Application Due. Classes start Aug. 24, 2020.
Concordia University Chicago and the College of DuPage have formed a partnership designed to provide a seamless transfer for College of DuPage students that have completed one of the following AAS degrees and want to obtain a Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Management:
- AAS in Anesthesia Technology
- AAS in Dental Hygiene
- AAS in Diagnostic Medical Imaging Radiography
- AAS in Management
- AAS in Physical Therapist Assistant
- AAS in Respiratory Care
Advantages of Concordia-Chicago’s 3+1 accelerated degree program
With the 3+1 program, students pay College of DuPage tuition rates for College of DuPage coursework. Fourth-year classes at Concordia University Chicago are offered at a significantly reduced rate, making the goal of continuing their education a reality for the students. This program exemplifies Concordia University Chicago's and College of DuPage’s mission to make education more affordable for its students while stressing academic quality, first-class faculty and extraordinary learning environments. Our advisors create a specialized program plan to accommodate the needs of each individual student, allowing you to earn your degree in as little as 16 months, depending on the number of transfer credits accepted at the time of your admission:
- Flexible scheduling
- Accelerated courses
- Major courses are 5 weeks long
- 100% online (no set time to be online)
- Evening classes on the College of DuPage’s campus (one night per week)
- One-year completion
- Access to learning from anywhere in the world
Open the door to success in Health Care Management
A Health Care Management degree provides opportunities in many fields, including business, education, government and the not-for-profit sectors, and many more. Concordia-Chicago’s courses in health care management prepare students to:
- coordinate and facilitate the work of others in a health care organization relative to their roles and functions to accomplish organizational goals
- understand organizational structure, culture and ethics to effectively guide individuals and teams
- explore functional areas of a health care organization such as human resources, marketing, accounting and law
- demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills applied to a health care context
Find your place in a high-growth career field
Employment in health care occupations is projected to grow 18 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.4 million new jobs. Health care occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups.
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Health Care Management is designed to provide students with the professional knowledge and management skills necessary to be effective and socially responsible leaders in dynamic regional, national and global health services systems.
What you'll learn
- Contrasted to other business degrees, the bachelor’s degree program in Health Care Management provides a unique perspective on the functional operations of a health care organization. The degree allows students to focus on coursework specifically designed to cultivate the essential knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage in a health care organization.
- Foundational courses in the program provide a broad and thorough overview of the component areas of health care operations, including organizational planning and design, accounting, human resource management, marketing and law.
- Students graduate well prepared to enter the workplace as strategic managers in the complex, multifaceted and global organizations of today.
Benefits of the BA in Health Care Management
The fast paced field of health care demands well-educated, highly trained professionals with the agility to continuously learn and enhance their knowledge base and skill set. Possessing a bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management from an accredited institution builds credibility by demonstrating to an organization the prospective employee’s commitment to the industry and his/her ability to stay abreast of trends. Further, a bachelor’s degree may also be a stepping stone to graduate degrees unlocking even more promising job prospects.
A faculty with hands-on, field-tested experience
Concordia-Chicago’s core faculty in the Health Care Management degree program has extensive experience in the all fields of health care along with the requisite certifications/credentials. Faculty come from all subspecialties of the health care management field and are dedicated to supporting student learning.
A pathway to achievement
College of DuPage 3+1: Health Care Management (BA) is a pathway to accelerated Master's degree programs, including:
Education made affordable
Concordia University Chicago is one of the most affordable private universities in the Midwest. Our Office of Financial Aid will work with you to seek financial aid and schedule manageable tuition payments.
Our tuition guarantee
Concordia-Chicago’s tuition guarantee program helps keep tuition affordable by allowing you to predict what the total cost of your education will be. As long as there are no interruptions in your course of study, we guarantee your tuition will remain the same and never increase while earning this degree.