Since its beginning in the Fall of 2006, every enrolled student has signed our Honor Code pledge. The code states:
“As a student of CUC and a member of the larger society, I pledge to uphold an academic honor code that supports serving and leading with strong personal integrity. Specifically this includes not cheating or using inappropriate or dishonest means to complete anything I do for a grade, program or graduation requirement. This also includes not giving unauthorized assistance to, or participating in inappropriate collaboration with, others. I understand that this is a privilege and it is my responsibility to uphold actively this honor system. Furthermore, this pledge signifies that I will treat others with utmost respect in my academic pursuits, within and beyond the confines of a classroom, as I expect others to treat me.”
In our community of scholars we count on all members of the community to bring suspected violations to the attention of the Director of the Honor Code System. If you have any questions regarding the use of acceptable or unacceptable aids particular to each course, it is your responsibility to contact your instructor or the Director of the Honor Code System. A printable copy of the University Honor Code can be found online.
Additional resources can be found on Concordia Connect:
- Honor Code violation form - visit the resources tab and use the Forms Repository.
- Honor Code Council application materials - visit the resources tab and use the Form Repository.
- Study skills workshop information - featured on the right column on Academics tab below the Student Learning Resource channel.
- Study skills Power-Points - coming soon on the Academics tab.
- Academic support resources - coming soon on the Faculty tab.
For more information contact:
Katherine Heetel, Director, Honor Code System
Addison Hall 131