- Face to Face
- Cohort Format
- 30 Credit Hours
Fall 2020 Completed File Due. Classes start August 24, 2020.
Provisional Admission Requirements to Concordia University
- Evidence of a regionally accredited bachelor’s and master’s degree, with a minimum graduate cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Completed online application including an objective statement of the applicant’s goals in pursuing the superintendent’s endorsement.
- Official transcripts from each college or university from which a degree was earned. International transcripts must be evaluated by a Concordia approved international credentialing service, such as WES (World Education Services) or ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators).
- Hold a valid and current Illinois professional educator license (PEL) endorsed in general administrative, principal, chief school business official or director of special education.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals able to comment on the applicant’s academic potential, personal character and competence and effectiveness in professional work.
- Copy of professional resume.
Full Admission Requirements to the Superintendent Licensure Program
- EDL 7111 Strategies of Educational Leadership
- EDL 7260 School and District Improvement Using Data Analysis
- Teacher Evaluator – Growth for Learning Modules 1-5 (PERA) or two (2) Administrator Academies (as of January 2019)
- Faculty Interview
Superintendent Licensure Completion Requirements
- Successfully pass the IL Test #225 at the end of the course work and internships;
- Provide proof of at least two years of full-time administrative or supervisory experience in a public school district or non-public school recognized in accordance with 23 Ill. Adm. Code 425 on the professional educator license endorsed in general administrative principal, chief school business official, or director of special education.
- Successfully complete and pass Principal Evaluator training – Administrative Academies effective January 1, 2019.
Connect with your admission counselor.