42nd Annual Early Childhood Conference
Embracing a New Kind of Normal: Equipping our Children for Today's World
An In-Service Experience for Early Childhood Educators
Friday, August 3, 2018
8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Exploring how we can help children navigate through the challenges in life while holding on to optimism and excitement about their faith and future.
- Register Online
- Mail-in Registration: Download the printable Registration Form, and return by mail with your payment
- Download the Preliminary Conference Program
(Includes workshop descriptions and times)
Special Guest: Carol Kent
Carol Kent is an award-winning author and a gifted speaker. Her vibrant personality and relevant messages make her one of the top communicators today. She is regularly featured on a wide variety of radio and television programs.
Kent will lead the session, “Accepting the Challenge: Equipping Our Children for Today’s World.” We live in changing times. The news is frightening as children hear about hurricanes, floods and shootings. This session will explore how we can help children to navigate the fears and the challenges in life while holding on to optimism, excitement about their future and their faith. As educators, we can bring renewed hope to our students and remind them that life is to be celebrated and enjoyed.
NEW this year: Musical Guest
Jennie Williamson - AriSon Records
Singer, songwriter and speaker Jennie Williamson started AriSon Records with her husband Brian in 2004. AriSon was created to share God’s love and His truth through music. Williamson has sold over 750,000 CDs, and travels all across the country sharing her music and message to pastors, teachers, parents and children.
- “Eye of the Storm: The Blue Eye/Brown Eye Study” presented by Nan Bogue
- “Creative Teaching of Emotions to Equip Every Child in Learning Anything” presented by Janis Clark Johnston
- “Let’s Get Critical: Developing Critical Thinking and Executive Function Skills in Early Childhood” presented by Alyssa Wilkins
- “The Future Demands Creativity: Preparing our Children with Loose Parts & Open-Ended Play” presented by Jesse Ilhardt
- This is a Gateways to Opportunity Registry verified conference
- PDHs are available
- Vendor tables on site
- Lunch selections will be provided on the registration form
Regular Rate: $110 per person ($135 per person if registered after July 9)
Full-time CUC student rate: $25 per person ($35 per person if registered after July 9)
Students volunteering to help at the conference may attend for free.
Contact Carol Smid