Early Childhood Education Center
The Early Childhood Center offers a Christ-centered curriculum, which focuses on the development of social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and spiritual skills.
Welcome to the Concordia University Early Childhood Education Center
As a laboratory school of Concordia University Chicago, the Center shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ and focuses on the total growth and development of children. The Early Childhood Education Center provides the University students with the opportunities to observe, participate, and evaluate a variety of experiences with children from birth to age 6 and supports their parents in today’s changing world.
The Early Childhood Education Center offers Christ-centered, developmentally appropriate practices. SCEWD Curriculum focuses on the development of social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual skills. Programs are designed to include spiritual and social living, communication arts, expressive arts, wellness and discovery about the world.
What does the center offer?
- Low student-to-staff ratios
- Highly trained teachers with master’s degrees
- Licensed by Department of Child and Family Services
- Accredited by the National Lutheran School Association (NLA)
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Monthly chapel services