Marketing majors at Concordia University Chicago nurture the ability to communicate effectively and to develop an entrepreneurial mindset.
This includes thinking creatively, a willingness to take risks, leadership skills, openness to new ideas, and the knowledge to critically evaluate opportunity and innovation.
- Account Representative
- Comparison Shopper
- Marketing Planner
- Market Researcher
- Research Analyst
- Promotions Director
- Advertising Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Product/Brand Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Sales Associate
Marketing Program and Degree Overview
We offer two marketing degrees: a Bachelor of Arts in business administration with an emphasis in marketing and a Bachelor of Science in business administration with emphasis in marketing.
Both the Bachelor of Arts and the Bachelor of Science options prepare students for an exciting career in a dynamic field. Graduates with marketing degrees find jobs as brand and product managers, marketing and sales executives, analysts, research executives and more.
Our rigorous but flexible degree programs build students’ critical knowledge of business and business issues. Faculty and staff are dedicated to providing students with a well-rounded learning experience by using the latest technology and engaging students with real-world business scenarios and hands-on learning exercises.
The Bachelor of Arts in marketing degree, which requires 48 semester hours of study, is for students who want a broad liberal arts foundation with an emphasis in business. If you have questions, a counselor with our Office of Admission can help as you decide on the Concordia-Chicago degree program that best matches your strengths and career interests.
Students in both degree tracks take required courses in:
- Information technology
- Consumer Behavior
Students working toward a Bachelor of Arts degree will be able to select electives from courses such as advanced business law, global marketing, new product development and retailing.
For more details about required courses and course descriptions, please visit our online catalog.
Marketing Major Opportunities
CUC’s supervised work experience offers opportunities for students to receive academic credit while gaining practical work experience in the marketing field.
The campus’ proximity to Chicago and public transportation provides easy access to exciting internship and networking opportunities. Everything from large corporations to startups, nonprofit organizations to advertising agencies, build their businesses in Chicago and the nearby suburbs.
Some of the companies recently hiring CUC students include:
- Apex Systems
- Bohler Uddeholm
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Palace Sports Entertainment
- Walt Disney World
- Apply marketing concepts and theory to provide creative solutions and strategies, and explore opportunities to solve marketing problems.
- Demonstrate marketing skills in both verbal and written communications applied to business scenarios, e.g., brand awareness, consumer behavior and advertising.
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of diversity, multicultural, ethical and socially responsible marketing practices.
- Explain the implications and impact of the global business and political environment on marketing.
- Demonstrate ability to select and use appropriate technology and distribution channels in marketing applications.