Steps to Apply
The join nursing degree requires a two-setp admission process. Please note: This program is not open to transfer students. Prospective transfer students should contact Resurrection University directly for admission information.
To begin the application process to the program, students must complete the following steps for the term for which they are applying:
- Apply to Concordia University Chicago and be accepted into the University’s program.
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcriptsas well as official transcripts of all post-secondary coursework (regardless of earned credit).
- Submit an official copy of ACT test scores (CUC Code= 1004) or SAT I test scores (CUC Code = 1140).
- Submit a copy of all courses in progress.
Program admission requirements for freshmen students at Concordia University Chicago:
The joint Nursing degree program is a competitive admission program for select incoming freshmen. The minimum admission requirements are:
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75/4.0in all high school coursework
- Minimum grade point average of 2.75/4.0 in all high school Science courses (recommended courses include: Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology)
- Grade of “C” or better in all Natural Science high school coursework
- Minimum grade point average of 2.75/4.0 in all high school Mathematics courses (recommended courses include: Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, Trigonometry)
- Grade of “C” or better in all Mathematics high school coursework
- Minimum ACT composite score of 23 or an SAT I combined score of 1070
- Minimum ACT subscores of 23 in both Mathematics and Science
- Minimum ACT subscore of 21 in English
Program admission requirements for students to Resurrection University:
To begin the admission process into Resurrection University, all students must meet the minimum requirements after successful completion of at least two full-time semesters at Concordia-Chicago. These requirements designated by Resurrection University are:
- A completed application and $50 application fee - Must be submitted via ResU.edu. Twenty-four hours after submitting the online payment, you must contact the Office of Admissions at 773-252-6464 to registerfor the TEAS exam, which is part of your application
- TEAS exam - Administered several times per month at Resurrection University and must be passed in order to be accepted. Test dates can be found at ResU.edu/about-2/teas-exam. A study guide can be purchased at atitesting.com
- Transcripts – Official transcripts from all colleges and universities must be submitted
- A two-page personal statement of your goals and why you want to become a nurse must be submitted electronically via the following guidelines:
- Maximum two pages, double spaced
- Name included on each page
Other criteria for ResU admission:
- Science and computer courses must have been completed no more than five years from intended term of enrollment
- Three out of four science classes must be completed by the deadline date to be considered for admission
- Overall, cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0, Science GPA of 2.75/4.0 (calculated from your grades in General Chemistry, Microbiology and Anatomy and Physiology I & II)
- Complete the TEAS exam with satisfactory scorebased on national averages
For more information
Concordia University Chicago and Resurrection University are pleased to offer this unique joint degree program in nursing. If you have more questions or wish to learn more, please contact CUC’s Office of Undergraduate Admission at 1-877-CUChicago (282-4422) or email Admission@CUChicago.edu.