Because of the complex business demands, there is an urgent need is clear for well-trained professionals with practical business management skills in the not-for-profit sector.
Concordia-Chicago Not-for-Profit/Church Management Degree Overview
This unique degree option provides an in-depth focus on business as it relates to not-for-profit and church organizations. Our rigorous but flexible degree program will build your critical knowledge of business and not-for-profit and church management. Graduates find career positions as program directors, church administrators, field managers and more.
Our faculty members are experienced business leaders and learned scholars. They are dedicated to providing students with a well-rounded learning experience by using the latest technology and engaging students with real-world business scenarios and hands-on learning exercises.
Not-for-Profit/Church Management Course Information
The degree requires courses in:
- information technology
Specialized courses in not-for-profit accounting, volunteer management and contract management will prepare students for the unique situations that not-for-profits face on a daily basis. Students can also explore elective courses such as personal finance, small business management and advanced business law.
For details about required courses and more, please visit our online catalog.
- Demonstrate sound verbal and written communication skills for working with others in not for profit and other types of organizations.
- Identify and demonstrate the ethical, legal, and social responsibilities of not-for-profit and other organizations and their stakeholders.
- Explain the implications of the global business and political environment on not-for-profit organizations.
- Demonstrate accounting and finance concepts, methods and procedures to support decisions in [i.e., governance, grants, and contract management].
- *Use quantitative and qualitative skills to make sound management decisions.
- Identify and evaluate use of technology as it affects not for profit management and leadership.
Not-for-Profit/Church Management Major Opportunities
Concordia-Chicago's supervised work experience offers opportunities for students to receive academic credit while gaining practical work experience in management. The campus’s location, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago, means easy access to internship and networking opportunities with churches and other not-for-profit organizations in Chicago, Oak Park and River Forest, and nearby suburbs.