Andrew Pederson, MFA
Associate Professor of English
College of Arts and Sciences
Director, Childrens Theatre
Professor Pederson teaches courses including Basic Writing, Teaching English in the Middle and Secondary School, Writing About Literature, Anglo-Saxon and Medieval Literature courses at Concordia University Chicago. His main area of research encompasses creative writing. Previously, Professor Pederson chaired the English department at Walther Lutheran High School in Melrose Park, Ill. He has been a member of Concordia’s faculty since 2009.
- MFA, playwriting, Goddard College; Plainfield, Vt.
- MA, English, The Bread Loaf School of English at Middlebury College; Middlebury, Vt.
- BA, theatre, Concordia University River Forest; River Forest, Ill.
Academic and Professional Highlights
- His play, June First, has been nominated for the Source Festival in Washington D.C. The nominations for the full-length plays come from established directors, playwrights or producers. Three plays will be selected and receive a full production of their work at the Source Theatre in Washington D.C. in June 2012.
- His play, An Open House was performed as part of The Morris Theater Guild 2nd Annual 24 hour Theatre Festival.
- "An Insider's Guide to Love in the Afterlife,” The Pitkin Review, Summer 2009.
- "End of Summer,” Ottawa Arts Review, Winter 2008.