Jeffrey L. Blackman
Faculty Part Time
Adjunct Professor of Finance and Strategy
Director, MBA Internship Program
College of Business
Professor Blackman teaches Competitive Strategy, Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurial Finance and Private Equity, and Investment courses to MBA students at Concordia University Chicago. His areas of expertise are growth strategies, competitive positioning and entrepreneurship. Professor Blackman has been a member of Concordia University’s faculty since 2010.
Professor Blackman brings over 20 years of experience helping companies, large and small, identify and successfully capture profitable growth opportunities as an executive, consultant and entrepreneur. He served as Chief International Officer and Managing Director - International for The Pampered Chef, a company owned by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire-Hathaway Corporation; was a strategy consulting executive at the global consultancy, Accenture Ltd.; held positions in Strategic Planning, Financial Planning and Brand Management for The Quaker Oats Company; and was a commercial lender with Continental Bank, NA, the former 9th largest US commercial bank. He began his professional career as an analyst for Chang & Company, a boutique financial services consulting firm based in New Jersey.
As an entrepreneur, Professor Blackman created and grew a privately-owned automated teller machine (ATM) network to a national presence in 3 years, and successfully sold the assets and operating contracts to one of the world’s top five largest banks looking to expand its presence in the US.
- MBA, International Business, Strategy, Finance and Marketing, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- BSE, Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Chartered Financial Analyst Charterholder
- Board of Directors – Chicagoland Lutheran Education Foundation (past President)
- Board of Regents – Concordia University Chicago (past member)
- Board of Trustees – Community Development Ventures, Inc., a Baltimore-based venture capital firm (past member)
- Board of Directors – Luther High School South (past member, past Treasurer)