About Resurrection University
Resurrection University was founded as West Suburban School of Nursing in 1914 as a diploma program. Today, Resurrection University is a fully-accredited, not-for-profit, Catholic-based specialty school for health sciences with a College of Nursing and a College of Allied Health. The institution offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Owned and operated by Presence Health, the largest Catholic health care system in Illinois, Resurrection University offers a real world educational experience both inside and outside the classroom. Faculty members mentor our students and take an active interest in their success. And our affiliation with Presence Health and its hospitals not only allows us to supply valuable clinical experiences, but to offer career placement opportunities within the system as well.
Resurrection has recently completed its planned relocation to new, state-of-the-art facilities at Saint Elizabeth Medical Center in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago.
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and member of the North Central Association
- Approved by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
- Membership in the American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Membership in the National League for Nursing
- Membership in the Federation of independent Illinois Colleges and Universities
- Membership in the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Membership in the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Resurrection is currently located in new, state-of-the-art facilities at Saint Elizabeth Medical Center in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago.