Concordia University Chicago invites middle school male singers in grades 5-8 to participate in CUC’s second annual Männermania on Friday April 26, 2013. Join Dr. Charles Brown and Männerchor, the men’s choir of Concordia, for a day of singing and active music making.
This festival will gather adolescent boys from the Chicago area and will address various topics including:
- What keeps the boys in choir
- Distinguish between range and registers
- Learn advantages to maintaining the upper, head register through the change
- How repertoire can develop the adolescent voice
- The SAB challenge
Schedule for the Day
- 12:30 p.m. Check-in
- 1 p.m. Warm-up and rehearsal
- 2 p.m. Demonstration with Männerchor
- 3 p.m. Music Activities
- 4 p.m. Demonstration and Performance in the Chapel of Our Lord
Please invite family members to attend the free demonstration and performance at 4 p.m. in the Chapel of Our Lord. The performance will last approximately one hour.
Cost is $10 per student, which includes, snacks and music expenses. Participants must provide transportation to and from Concordia.
Contact Charles Brown at 708-209-3066 or email@example.com for questions related to Männermania.